PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2020, 20:58
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nutts Mutts

Well said. Glad to see someone else tackling this issue. You would think someone would get bored after a while of repeating the same thing over and over for what must be at least a year now. It is certainly not healthy to have such an irrational hatred of an inanimate object. I suspect you are on to something with the BOH spotter angle, or perhaps it’s an ex employee of SOU. Either way, people need to bite their tongue and ignore the bait but I can understand why you reacted.

Back to a healthy debate, some interesting points re the effectiveness of the runway extension. I think it’s fair to say SOU will have done their research though, or more to the point the numerous highly qualified individuals who will have been paid very well to carry out surveys and compile reports. Shareholders don’t consent to £15m capital being set aside on a whim, a credible business plan would have first been presented and a return evidenced. Yes the world is a different place currently but it will pick up again eventually. I use to make jokes on this thread that the only investment SOU ever saw was some new toilet seats and never dreamed that the runway would ever be extended. I also never dreamed that the day significant investment finally materialised this thread would be so negative about it. Luckily, when it comes to reality I too expect the planning to be issued rather than refused.