PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MY TRAVEL (again)
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2003, 17:22
Big Tudor
Alba Gu Brath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Myself and a number of others on PPRuNe are employed by MYT and are very grateful for it. As I have said before, they are a great company to work for and I consider that some of the guys here are the best in the business. The next few days are going to be tough for us. It goes without saying that the finals are not going to make for pleasant reading, particulalry since First Choice are releasing next week and the obvious comparisons will be drawn. Yes it is shocking that a UK IT operator cannot make money during a summer season, however please bear in mind that the results do not relate wholly to the airline but to the entire MYT group. It is bad enough reading articles in the press (often inaccurate) that the company is 'about to go under' without having it on PPRuNe every 5 minutes.
I don't know what the next 12 months holds any more than the next man (or woman), my job may not even exist this time next year. I have confidence in the guys who are in control and they have my loyalty and trust that they will turn the thing round. If they don't it's not for want of trying.

tails - I am not going to get into a slanging match with you or anybody else but the fact remains, you USED to work in the city. You don't now. You have no more idea what the banks are thinking or proposing than anybody else on this forum. I agree that your previous employment gives you an insight into how the financial markets work but it does not give you the right to issue statements about the impending bankruptcy of a company when you have no information or facts to back these statements up. It may be a game to you but this company is the roof over peoples heads and the meals on their tables. Please bear that in mind before you pontificate any further.