PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting landing fees
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2020, 15:52
helipixman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by md 600 driver
Hi just arranged to book lunch at Grantley hall near Ripon for lunch tomorrow. Managed to get reservation then I was told landing fee is £150
I told them no way that’s scandalous , there’s no charge to park there in a car .

places like this want promoting as HELICOPTER NOT FRIENDLY GO ELSEWHERE
Well said MD600 if they want to rip you off you have the option of going elsewhere. During my time working with Lothian Helicopters we pitched up at many hotels for a meal and overnight stay and not once were we charged for landing, and overnight parking. We did this all over the UK, sometimes we even got things a little cheaper if the boss gave staff a joyride. One of the hotels even sent a porter out to carry our bags in, great service, that was near Warrington. At most of the hotels other guests loved seeing the helicopter parked there.

As for the crazy comment by B2N2... how much were you prepared to pay for the flight there and back ? That cost is already considered when you make the choice to go somewhere ! Just because you have an expensive helicopter, why do you have to pay expensive landing charges ? If I went shopping to my local Sainsburys in a Ferrari would I be asked to pay more for my parking space than someone who went in a Mini for example. It's all about great customer service and if they want your business or not, especially during these Covid times where pepole are crying out for customers. It just does not make sense. Maybe we should make up a list of friendly hotels/eateries and another list to show who are the rip off hotels .