PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Move Over, Thronomister
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2020, 11:26
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
On a Sqdn long, long ago we had a sick paraffin budgie which defied all faultfinding. For best part of a week it languished in the shed with various efforts to cure it being thwarted. Several days in, as usual, in the morning Engineering Brief to the Aircrew, the update for said budgie was "no change ..... and we simply cannot find the problem - we are completely in the dark on this one. ... blah, blah, blah (rest of Eng Brief), Right, any questions?".

After a pause, one of the Seniors asked "Well, XXX, what do you think is wrong with the sick budgie then?" (this despite the earlier statement about not being able to find the problem and having no clue as to what it could be). Quick as a flash, the Duty Engineer came back with a "Well, personally I think it's ....." and they proceeded to talk absolute techno-gibberish while the audience (well, the Senior) nodded sagely following every word! At the end, further opportunity to ask a question was offered ...... but utter silence! End of Eng Brief!

On the way out I accosted the Engineer. "XXX, that was brilliant! You talked utter rubbish .... but it was totally convincing! What a Star!!!!!". "Well, if the simple statement "we have no eĢĢing idea what's wrong" is so difficult to understand I thought I'd have a bit of fun"!

To this day I'm still in awe of the best display of convincing techno-BS I've ever seen!