PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA @ Edinburgh shambles this evening.
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2020, 21:11
fergusd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last time I flew on a BA flight into EDI, and as a previous loyal customer clocking about 1.5 million miles on BA since the late 80's . . .

The flight landed on time, then proceeded to taxi to what I assume was somewhere on the east coast of England . . . we then waited nearly an hour for some steps to arrive, we then waited for a bus to arrive, and finally after another hour we waited for someone to open a door at the airport for 20 minutes so we could trudge through the rain to the carpark . . . of course I was charged more for parking . . . and I decided to simply not fly BA any more . . .

There was no Covid excuse at the time, or really any valid excuse, and I have no interest in what chump didn't do their job, I paid BA, and they did not deliver . . . and this was largely a repeat of a similar service a month before, and a litany of very late flights from LHR to EDI in the previous year . . . every single one late, sometimes hours, I was flying HEL <-> EDI weekly.

I remember the days when BA was the carrier of choice which I loyally booked and I flew all over the USA and europe with them for nearly 20 years . . . things have changed and they offer no value over the budget carriers . . . but still charge a premium price . . . If I'm going to get sh1t service I may as well pay less . . .

A real shame . . . but like everything this is what you get when you cost reduce things to the point where they don't work any more.

I realise I've spoken in a manner which suggests I still fly or even may fly again . . . neither of those are looking likely for the forseeable . . .