PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA @ Edinburgh shambles this evening.
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2020, 21:05
olster

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts
This is my final post on the matter. If you want to defend the indefensible then go ahead but you were not there. It is BAs fault or rather the organisation of ground equipment which they are responsible whether farmed out or not. To others I will say this: at no stage did I say anything to any crew member except thank you for the ludicrous plastic bag containing a packet of crisps and a bottle of water. Nor did I mention that I had been in the biz for a host of obvious reasons. The Scottish lad behind me was not offensive in any way to the cabin crew but got told not to take his frustrations out on them which he manifestly did not. He asked me what he had done to deserve that response. So as you like bluntness bex I will tell you that I do not give a flying foxtrot how you would have dealt with the scenario for the very reason I spent 40 years at the front end of Boeing’s and Airbuses and have been in exactly the same position. If you read my post you would know that in no way do I blame the crew but the captain was a slight hostage to fortune as our incredibly ( apparently) expeditious arrival ended up sitting like lemons for the oft mentioned 55 minutes. On reflection I may have been a little harsh on the skipper but his enthusiasm for the limelight was a bit much for my taste. Essentially although in my flying days I was aware that one needed to engage the passenger but my view was that to get there in one piece provided the best customer experience. In case of any further misunderstandings which are popping up here I have no doubt that BAs operational standards are as high as they always were along with the other major UK airlines. Shouting at handling agents? No, never a good idea and unfair with the pressures they are under. Now or pre covid. However and finally in summary, as has been mentioned this was a very poor customer experience whatever price I paid for the ticket and is the direct result of poor organisation; that is down to BA and the toxic management that run it. My view anyway.