PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA @ Edinburgh shambles this evening.
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2020, 20:32
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnychips
I rarely write on here, but I can’t believe what I just read defending poor service on a customer-facing industry. Yes, stuff can happen, but you can handle it well, leaving the passenger annoyed but understanding. This didn’t happen here.
I am not defending poor service. Far from it. The service experienced was terrible once the aircraft arrived at EDI. What I am defending is BA in this situation. This is not normal, this is not directly BA’s fault but it is always our responsibility to look after our passengers. I have been in positions where I cannot do anything and it is BA’s fault. You will not hear a defence of them from me then. I have been known to say “this is entirely our fault” on the PA. What can the flight crew do? Blow a gasket over the radio too the handling agent who is not listening because half are redundant and the half of the remaining half are on furlough. Cabin crew can snap at people which is wrong but they are only human and mostly they snap when being snapped at. It does not make it right.

I find it really frustrating reading this stuff. It’s always BA’s fault. The staff are always rude and rubbish. The prices are always too high and the food not good enough. I do not see that on the vast majority of flights. Mostly we get it right but there is no defending it when we really get it wrong.