PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horrible instructor!
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2020, 05:14
double_barrel

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by double_barrel
I'm flying again tomorrow, I will try to take some pics, then we can play guess where I am!

Happily this thread has drifted nicely!

Meanwhile I have done a bit of flying in their a/c and plan a lot more. The flying is fantastic. Wx and scenery are amazing. I am often the only a/c on any given frequency, so I get undivided attention from friendly and helpful ATCs - even though I sometimes have to wake them from a siesta.

As promised, here are some pictures to warm-up you folk in a grey autumnal UK. A virtual beer to anyone who can identify the location(s)

I can't seem to make thumbnails that link to full size images. You can get to the the pictures here: https://imgbox.com/LvvvHSpB

One thing that really strikes me is how incredibly stable the a/c is while over the sea. Especially on a hot day, I am used to very bumpy air. But over the sea it is rock steady; I can trim it and not touch anything for minutes on end. There is always a 10-15Kn breeze blowing from the ocean, that makes for some interesting effects on land with powerful up and down drafts around hills, and general bumpiness over any features, but over the sea it's perfectly calm.

Last edited by double_barrel; 10th Oct 2020 at 07:53.