PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SE IR Query
Thread: SE IR Query
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2020, 16:06
excrab

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by OhNoCB
I am looking into doing something similar albeit with a UK issued EASA licence.

Whopity, is it not the case that cross crediting is valid only for the revalidation of an IR? I can see in your quoted text it does say revalidation or renewal, although any reference I find shows revalidation only.

Genghis, are you able to provide a reference for a professional licence having an embeded IR(R) and does this then mean it has no expiry and require no revalidation?

Many thanks chaps!
The text of the 2020 edition of the U.K. examiners handbook states that cross crediting doesn’t apply to renewals for an SPA IR, but the forward to the handbook says that EASA regulations have primacy, and EASA state that cross crediting does apply to renewal, so it should apply for renewal in the U.K., the same as in Ireland, in accordance with the EASA rules.
In a U.K. issued EASA licence the instrument rating should just say IR, with no reference to MPA or SPA, so it doesn’t matter how long ago you last did an SPA IR renewal, you can just take the test without further training and the IRE can sign your licence (I have that from the U.K. CAA in writing as I enquired about it).
Sadly as stated above the embedded IMC rating privileges were taken away when the U.K. changed to part FCL. If you hold a U.K. CPL / ATPL it does have embedded privileges, the reference is the ANO, but you’d have to find a non-EASA aircraft that could fly under IFR in order to exercise the privileges of the licence.