PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SE IR Query
Thread: SE IR Query
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2020, 13:54
OhNoCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking into doing something similar albeit with a UK issued EASA licence.

Whopity, is it not the case that cross crediting is valid only for the revalidation of an IR? I can see in your quoted text it does say revalidation or renewal, although any reference I find shows revalidation only.

Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
This may not be relevant to you JT8, as you don't say where you're based or why you want it, but...

If you are UK based, with a professional licence, then the UK CAA considers all UK professional licences to have embedded privileges of the IMC / IR(R) rating. So if that would deliver what you actually want - the ability to route IMC/IFR and take approaches whilst flying privately, then all you need is to pay your £40 (or whatever it is at the moment) to have a UK CPL or ATPL issued, if you haven't got one already. Not as powerful as a full IR of-course, but if it meets your needs, a very cheap fix (and probably worth doing anyhow, even if you do get a full SE-IR.

G
Genghis, are you able to provide a reference for a professional licence having an embeded IR(R) and does this then mean it has no expiry and require no revalidation?

Many thanks chaps!