PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOT Polish Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2020, 09:40
flyingguy101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jollyRoger123
Are they really not welcoming non-Polish pilots in their corps? Are the above arguments true? or really they only seek for Polish pilots?
Foreigners are needed as they are not able to attract locals. Generally people are nice and respectful. You will always come across some old grumpy guy but this happen everywhere.

If you decide to join you need to accept that this is a polish airline , as a foreigner you are a second class pilots , you will not have same opportunities as a polish for career progression.To my knowledge at the moment there are no foreign capts on emb or Boeing fleets.

Also if you are coming from a western airline standards you may find initially difficult to fit in their way of operating. There is no standardization among crews and training is average , crm is poor.

Having said that is true that company is trying to improve theyr training standards but things happen very slowly in here.[/QUOTE]

I am LOT Polish Airlines pilot and start to find out all these complaints a little bit irritating. So maybe it's good idea to establish some basis facts:
Fact#1: LOT Polish Airlines is one of very few national airlines which keeps foregin pilots during covid. Emirates, Qatar and so on fired foreign pilots first.
Fact#2: LOT is also one of very few national airlines which does not required from foreign pilots use of native language. As far as I know you can forget about flying in Lufthansa, Swiss or Austrian without fluent German.
Fact#3: Also as far as I know majority of foreign pilots did not meet the recruitment requirements of other airlines and where not accepted during the screening process. It is worth considering why foreign pilots decided to accept offer and take a job at LOT despite all the disadvantages? Maybe because it was their only option?
Fact#4: Foreign pilots have the same opportunities and are not second class pilots. On Emb there is no foreign captains because non of the foreign pilots have meet the requirements for promotion.The all work in company to short and don't have required flight experience. To my knowledge there is a group of foreign pilots who expected being promoted to group of First Officers on EMB authorised to fly LCY skipping the queue of more experienced polish pilots. Is that fair?
Fact#5: We do our best to warmly welcome foreign pilots. I also would not agree about CRM. We don't have all be friend, but we all do our best to be professionals and crew cooperation is one of the most important aspects. For Polish pilots it is also a new situation - LOT never before hired foreign pilots. We also have to learn how to cooperate with foreign colleges and how to work in multinational crews - so maybe sometimes there may be some confusing situation, but as I've mentioned we do our best.
Fact#6: LOT Polish Airlines like all fast growing airlines have some operational problems. But you have to accept it or you can leave - it's always personal decision.