PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2020, 15:14
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The consultation and application is being put in by the airport operator ( LLAOL) and not the airport owner (LLAL) but have no doubt who is pulling the strings.

I have had a 2 minute read and found this bizarre claim.

Our proposals to increase passenger numbers to 19mppa will not require any physical development. It will be achieved through operational changes such as updates to flight schedules and noise contours at the airport
So they don't intend to provide any extra overnight stands? Let's remember that in normal times there are no spare stands and LLAOL have already announced plans to build another 6 pack apron and alter the run up bay for 2 extra stands. Regarding the overcrowded terminal, which is often standing room only, I have seen the outline plans for a terminal extension running at a 45 degree angle at the front of the terminal and have published them here I think last year.

Honesty is something that doesn't comes easy at Luton, as there will be two more applications to increase the total to either 22million or 22.5 million passengers, as that is the latest calculation that has been made as the true capacity of the CTA. Remember that 12m, 16m and 18m have already been stated as the airports maximum capacity within its existing boundary. The increases are being calculated by reducing the passenger comfort level with extreme amounts of overcrowding planned. The terminal extension is very modest, as the bus station will not be moved. It will add a few more check-in desks but I have not seen any plans to add baggage belts or increase the immigration hall, which are located at the back of the terminal. If the statement about no physical development is true then the terminal extension will go in at around 20m with the airport drip feeding modest applications to avoid a possible DCO for the CTA so they can approve their own applications.

Last edited by LTNman; 8th Oct 2020 at 17:10.