PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Route optimization
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2020, 15:03
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by JimEli
Prone to flying off the handle? Because you just went all Fox-One on me. Try switching to 100% Ox before total GLOC.
You are being a prat.

Nobody’s claiming plagiarism. I just pointed out that you called an imported, specialized library to do all the heavy lifting and create the TSP solution.
You said I failed to attribute the code of others, what I posted is my original work. All the modules used are clearly listed at the top of the code. No different to the Concorde you mentioned, it actually uses QSOpt to do the solving, that does detract from them knowing how to use QSOpt and getting the data in a format to to use it.

Sort of like claiming you can multiply, but then using a calculator. You're the one that boasted.
All I said was "Not difficult to do, could probably write that in 20 lines of code", I never claimed I would build the computer, operating system, compilers and everything from scratch in 20 lines. I did exactly what I said I could do, produced the results, meanwhile you blew more hot air.

You also should have noted, that the imported algorithm, “does not guarantee to find the optimal solution.” I’ll ignore the remainder of your pointless drivel, however reference your comment about my post, you could have followed my link to the source of the comment.
My pointless drivel ? What have you actually contributed to this thread except from what you have copied without quoting from other websites ?

There is a big difference between the optimal solution and an optimised route, one is an academic exercise, the other a practical exercise. The OP was after a way to read a series of waypoints, determine an optimized route, and generate GPX and/or KLM files, which is exactly what my code does. The greedy algorithm is actually the best choice for this practical problem due to its speed and it optimises from the start of the trip, which means during the sortie they can pull off from the optimised route and do a fuel stop or crew swap and it will then recommence an optimised route again. Other algorithms optimize the entire route, and if you deviate from that route it needs to recalculate it all over again.

Originally Posted by Jimsli
I did that so anyone but a disgruntled pelican could clearly see it wasn’t mine.
Everyone can see your true colors, plagiarizing content from others and then throwing personal insults when exposed.

Originally Posted by Jimsli
And regarding enlightening, “us all where such a start to end solution has been presented before for everyone to see?” A few progenitors are,

https://jupyter.brynmawr.edu/service...15/TSPv3.ipynb

and,

Travelling Salesman Problem · Ross Scrivener

and the Concorde TSP Solver, widely regarded as the fastest true TSP solver in existence (BTW, its also an iPhone app),

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concorde_TSP_Solver
None of those can do what my code does, i.e. read a CSV file of LAT/LON, calculate tracks on a WGS84 ellipsoid, calculate a optimised route, and output a KML/GPX/CSV file.