PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2020, 05:00
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed this report from June. Seems the new Luton Airport Express train service, which continues on to Corby has been put back until May 2021. It was meant to start in December.

https://www.harborough-rail.org.uk/h...ory/timetables

Also noticed last week that the Dart trackbed now has a dedicated tracked two car yellow maintenance vehicle running on it that is being used for trackside work. The vehicle looks like a self powered trolly with a cab and trailer.

Other old Dart news that I don’t remember reporting regards the Council now becoming a transport operator.
Transport and Works Act Order

Construction of the Luton DART continues to make progress. LLAL is now submitting an application for a Transport and Works Act Order to the Department for Transport for its consideration.

This Order is seeking powers that will enable LLAL to safely and efficiently run the service after construction is complete. Examples of the powers being sought include – dealing with bad behaviour, working with the police, the ability to issue tickets and levy penalty fares, and prevention relating to bringing dangerous items onto the DART.
LLAL claim they have no staff with the Council providing the management for LLAL. Does this mean this will change next year with LLAL employing staff directly? I don’t think so.

Does it mean the Council will provide the staff? Again unlikely.

Will the existing Thameslink staff operating the shuttle bus be subject to a Tupe? Don’t know.

Will LLAL put out the staff required to tender so it is staffed by a third party company? Very likely, so expect more zero hour minimum wage contracts at the airport, as the work will go out to the bidder with the lowest staff costs.

Last edited by LTNman; 8th Oct 2020 at 05:11.