PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2020, 04:43
Manx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boeing_eng
Manx.....There is plenty to criticise when it comes to the current shenanigans between LLA and the Council. It needs fully exposing and occasionally there will be duplication of info. If it doesn't interest you then ignore the posts (but to imply an intolerance to a certain message content on a forum like this is basically censorship) I rarely post on the subject, but as a local resident and a 30+ year airport worker I feel very strongly about the current situation and the way its being handled by LBC!
Ok, so you agree with me that there's plenty to criticise. I'm interested to see what's going on at the airport. Nobody is suggesting censorship of any points, what a bizarre conclusion to have drawn. The point is that the specific point has already been made multiple times. When somebody posts a comment and then slips in an otherwise unrelated paragraph at the end of the post that just repeats that the council is doing X and the locals are impacted by Y but using a different order of words, what's that adding? I'm sure we all want to read more and see the issue exposed, but it's difficult to ignore so much frequent repetition of the same point - it becomes unreadable.

That approach is now starting to copied by somebody randomly throwing unrelated comments about "spotters" (I assume, they think that to not want repetition in debate is somehow the sign of being a spotter though I would have thought anyone spending days watching plane at Luton will be exposed to multiple easyJet and Wizz and so they're quite open to a bit of repetition). It's a bit like how political debate has now been reduced to people just labelling/dismissing others as 'left' or 'right' so they don't have to actually engage their brain in an adult conversation.

Anyway, apologies for derailing this thread further. I haven't worked into Luton for many a year but have been rather amazed at how much its visibly changed since the last time that I did. And if I can't see the wood for the trees in the content of the typed comments, the photo updates are nonetheless of real interest and I'll return just to check for those.