PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 737 in near miss
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2003, 10:21
tobzalp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you keep encouraging this Andy he will not go away. Best thing to do is ignore him because his ramblings are as per the rest of the low time non professionals that are to blame for this stuff in the first place. To make it easy just click the link http://www.pprune.org/forums/member2...e&userid=19584 and while you are at it I suggest you add winstun as I am yet to see anything of worth come from him.

why haven't there been accidents, issues, incidents in the US
Captain Noodle. I suggest you do a bit of research before sprouting this type of obviously uneducated comment. Even thread here on this board will show you that you should think first. I suggest to go to www.google.com and use they key words 'mid air collision united states' and have a real good read. Add 1998 to that search and you will see that there were 21 mid airs directly as a result of the pilots failing to see and avoid.

I posted the link in another thread here so go have a look. An assumption you make is that we have the US model here. We do not. The US have 550% the amount of radar that we have 20 times the controllers, 20 times the aircraft movements plus Flight Following and Flight Service Stations. Controllers in Aus have more movements per person that the Yanks and they also have flight service and Flight Following to further decrease their workload.

Last edited by tobzalp; 5th Dec 2003 at 09:20.