PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smaller aircraft on the horizon PERHAPS
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2020, 07:15
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not claim the current situation was sustainable, nor did I say nobody laid off their helper. I said I don't lay off mine because I think it would be wrong.

This is not The Apprentice Show, this is real life and real families are affected. I am stunned you are basically asking the company to lay off fellow pilots or their helpers. I find your statements cynical.

Your claim that state support has run out is incorrect. The company struck a deal, and a very important one. Without that deal we would not have this discussion, we would be all busy packing. Part of that vital and cleverly brokered deal, without prescedence in the history of Hong Kong, was not to lay off, for the moment. It baffles me how it is so difficult to understand and accept political implications as part of state intervention.

The waiting is unpleasant, I get it. But read the comments on the forums concerning employers who already started to lay off.You will notice those not affected are still anxious, and those who have been laid off are desperate. How is that better compared to our situation?

Your desire for a final and reliable answer from management is not available, nobody can give you that security right now.

There is no such thing as a definite restructuring, at any airline, as long there is no vaccine. It will continue to be a very umcomfortable ride, regardless of any future announcements.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 7th Oct 2020 at 07:38.