PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smaller aircraft on the horizon PERHAPS
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2020, 04:03
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baseless and entirely speculative blaming of management for a global pandemic and complete breakdown of demand is just silly.

Those who complain about waiting for decisions don't see the dynamic and ever changing nature of the current situation. It also complacently disregards ties and obligations that come with the capital injections and wage subsidies by the Hong Kong government. And while some moan out of retirement on pprune, Swire successfully negotiated and received this state support, a first in the history of Hong Kong. Without this vital help, Cathay would be dead as we speak.

Whatever any airline decided yesterday might be invalid tomorrow. There is no definite answer or final "restructuring". Restructuring to what? To which scenario? After the decision is before the decision.The idea we are the only ones deliberately kept in the dark is a misconception. Every airline on the planet is constantly re-evaluating the situation, whether they laid off yet or not. Any day can bring new decisions and surprises, regardless of past announcements, at every airline. The security and assurances you expect are not available, nowhere.If you don't believe me have a read of the other forums, e.g. ME or BA.

I personally take waiting while getting paid before being laid off three months ago anytime, thank you very much.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 7th Oct 2020 at 06:19.