PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Outside" magazine hit piece on air tours
Old 6th Oct 2020, 18:13
Robbiee

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Bell_ringer
ok Robster I'll bite.
There are selfish and inconsiderate people everywhere, but perhaps a few less per capita on this side of the pond.
Consideration and tolerance go hand in hand. Give and take, unless it is all take and no give.

I will use your analogy of revving bikes.
It will be annoying the few times that happens.
However, when your neighbour decides to open a motorbike tour business to exercise his "free enterprise" and you have the revving 7 days a week, morning to night every 15-20 minutes, you may just find that more than a little irrating.
Of course, if the law says its ok, I'm sure you won't mind them exercising their freedoms.
Well, nothing like a blown way out of proportion example to prove whatever point it is you are trying to make.

However, one of my neighbours used to blast his stereo begining at 10pm several nights a week, every week, for years until by the grace of God he finally moved away. Another neighbour of mine forced me to live with my windows closed 24/7 because he was a chain smoker, whose smoke would fill my apartment everytime I dared open a window!

As for your tour operation, I don't know what you know about our laws, but I'm pretty sure you cannot operate a tour bike business in a residential neighborhood.

If you don't like the noise tourists make, don't live in a town that relies on tourism to survive.