PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2020, 07:32
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTNman

I think they are trying to keep the number of ASL flights that take place during the night restriction hours to a minimum - just one at present - while the other three flights take place during the unrestricted hours. As they are restricted to 120 night movements per month, removing a couple of ASL movements from this has simply resulted in more night bizjet movements so in fact they are making more money than previously when the ASL movements took up virtually all the 120 night slots. There is talk of another ASL destination being added but talk is all it is at present.

While I'm here I do find some of the recent posts rather pointless with all their speculation of what might or might not happen to SEN in the future, although no disrespect to those posters who want to discuss those things now if they want to. There is no certainly whatever as to what will happen to the whole industry within the next few years so trying to determine now whether or not SEN can attract returning LON passenger traffic demand seems rather premature. My opinion in general is that SEN will find it very difficult to attract new airlines simply because nearly all the other LON airports will now have some capacity to fill for the next three or four years at least. SEN will be desperate to retain RYR and maybe look to them to fill the EZY gap has left if and when (let's hope) demand picks up.