PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Draken acquires Cobham Aviation Services
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2020, 07:22
Foghorn Leghorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DuckDodgers
That is why, I guess, it depends exactly what the verbiage states in the contract. For instance, if it doesn’t specifically mandate a Falcon 20 and says the air vehicle must be able to achieve 300-350KTAS with 90mins ToT at 100nm from the field with representative role equipment (which for the RAF would be I/J band jammer, TS pod and ACMI pod) then I’d opine that from a commercial perspective you could certainly look to replace a number of aircraft especially if it doesn’t alter the contract value or perhaps at a cheaper cost per flight hour. Not as easy with the RN due to needing to run at least two pods simultaneously either in D Band and E/F Band with high ERP.
Me thinks you’re being a little bit naughty, DuckDodgers and you know more than you’re letting on!

Yea CAvS would be able to bring in another platform that satisfies the MSASS requirements, which would be another Biz Jet. However, why would you do that when the Falcon 20s still deliver all KURs in the contract and are low cost. As mentioned, there’s no ability for Draken to fly a fast jet under the contract as it doesn’t support that flying.