PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat ATCOs Fired - Sheik Zayed Center Abu Dhabi
Old 5th Oct 2020, 21:34
grizzled

Received 79 Likes on 14 Posts
Highchair Director

Wow… I’m sorry for whatever happened to cause you to behave so aggressively.

A couple of facts:

Migrant workers in the UAE (and many other countries) do not come to the UAE to look for work. They are recruited elsewhere, usually in their home country, much like I was – and you too, likely – then offered a job in the UAE.

If you do a little research, you’ll find that expat is another term for a type of migrant worker. Though expats with a superior attitude might not like the term migrant worker – even though they meet the UN definition. The only real difference in much of the Middle East is that migrant workers who call themselves expats are much more highly paid, have significantly better working conditions, and have the luxury to be arrogant, without the fear of being jailed or otherwise punished.

Lastly, when it comes to the Middle East, I’ve lived and worked in the UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi), KSA, and Iraq. I’ve also lived and worked in Afghanistan, Indonesia, DRC, Hong Kong, India – and of course in my home country, which is one of those English-speaking places full of old white guys like me.

Your arrogance (as exhibited in your overtly nasty attack on my simple endorsement of a previous poster's humourous input) is only exceeded by your myopic world view. I would suggest more relaxation therapy of some sort – perhaps scuba diving, or dune driving. Or if you’re more the indoors type, maybe some reading or online classes about anthropology and culture.

Stay well