PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2020, 11:28
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LTNman
We can see how easy this virus spreads. Being tested on arrival would not protect fellow passengers. What about the time I could be sitting next to someone who was spending half an hour eating and drinking so not wearing a mask. For me it would make no difference, which is not helped by the airport experience either with no socially distanced queues and people being piled into airside buses as though there was no pandemic.

Maybe if I was 40 years younger I would not feel so vulnerable but testing at airports would not change a thing.
I don't think many people are suggesting testing once only at an airport prior to departure, or upon arrival.

It'll probably catch maybe 1 in 5 of people who go onto contract it (which is still better than 0 out of 5), but if you test again after 5-7 days, the odds on many not being caught after this period is far lower.

Whatever happens, it has been proven in Europe that as soon you release the lockdown restrictions, the virus is still spreading amongst the general population.