PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Take off Thrust Question
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2020, 17:33
course_profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is from the Boeing website

"Depending on the airplane-engine model combination, extra performance-reserve thrust may be available for emergency use during takeoff and go-around. For example, performance-reserve thrust is available for a 737-700 with -7B22 engines, since the -700 airplane can accept the higher -7B24 thrust. The engine control allows takeoff/go-around thrust up to this rating when the thrust lever is pushed full forward. If the installed engine has the highest rating offered for that 737 model (for instance, a 737-600 with the -7B22 rating), there is no performance-reserve capability. Like the "overboost" thrust of the 737-100/-200/-300/-400/-500, performance-reserve thrust is for emergency use only."

https://www.boeing.com/commercial/ae...y/sy01txt.html

Having read this I believe 'Max Rated Thrust' means the maximum thrust available on the model of 737NG you are flying. So 27,300lb for every single -800 at the full stop, 24,200lb for a -700 and so on.

'Full Rated Takeoff Thrust' means the highest rated thrust for the model of CFM-56 your individual aircraft is fitted with, which should be the value shown on the IDENT page. This may be 27,300lb for a -800/-900 but may well be lower. For an aircraft with -7B26s it should be 26,400lb - and you will get that value at a TLA short of the full stop.

Obviously, from a planning perspective the extra thrust available is no good to you as you can only plan for 'full rated take off thrust' and the A/T won't give you any more - however I think I have a better idea of what the engines will actually do for me if I ask them.

Any thoughts?