PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vueling 2019
Thread: Vueling 2019
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2020, 04:53
iggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banana Joe
From PPJN

Any insight about it? I was not holding my breath anymore, but it's hard for us to get any information from Vueling, their plans, etc. The guys in the holding pool have been told absolutely nothing since February, when they started calling some.

We might get an official email by the end of the year. Might being the key word...

I'm not in Spain at the moment (haven't been for a long time), but from a friend in Vueling: at the moment they have 135 airplanes, unofficially they are estimating that for this Winter season they will need not more than 50 frames. These Summer they have been flying 40'ish-50'ish hours while in previous years they were on the absolute legal limit.

IAG is going to stop paying the extra allowance they have been giving the pilots since all this started, meaning the company pocket is starting to dry out. Pilots now will have to rely solely on the government payment scheme (barely 800 EUR a month or so).

All airlines are putting off fires, any sort of long/middle term planning now is senseless as nobody can predict what restrictions will be in place next month.

I don't know much about Vueling managerial style, but it seems to me that the holding pool is the last thing in their mind right now. If you happen to have ANY sort of job at the moment stick to it and, even if Vueling ends up calling you, thread lightly before taking the leap.

Mucha suerte Bud!