PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2020, 14:19
WHBM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by wowzz
. Arrived at the terminal 15 minutes before departure, hot breakfast en route, car and driver waiting at the terminal, and in the office for 9am.
I never ran to such heady heights. However, in 1980 our UK office was close to Heathrow. The Chairman, X, got to a Daimler and chauffeur, Y, but was otherwise rather miserly. There was a lot of travel to corporate HQ in the USA. When BA came out with Transatlantic standby fares to combat Skytrain, he wrote around that these should be used. "They are cheaper, and I find I can always get a seat". Much disgruntlement.

One morning my colleague, Z, from the Newcastle office came down on the first BA flight to Heathrow heading for a meeting. Walking out of T1 to get a cab he noticed Chauffeur Y standing in the ticket desk queue. "Oh hello". "Ah, hello there Mr Z. Are you going over to the office ? Hang on a few minutes and I'll give you a lift back. Mr X is going to the USA this afternoon, and I've just been sent over to get his standby ticket". Alright for some.

Last edited by WHBM; 3rd Oct 2020 at 14:40.