PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman redundancies
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2020, 08:53
MikeCharlie24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been in the company for 4 years, and I have 0 sick calls. I've done all my stbys calls flights. I've never refused a flight and always picked up a call from CC. I bet my EOS if there is only one local pilot who can say the same.Besides that, I've been recognized for 2 consecutive years for my performance and given an award, but yes, It's better to have a local second officer who calls sick because it's raining in calicut or there's LVP in Delhi. I got really dissapointed about Oman Air. Not because they terminate expats, that's understandable, but the fact they hired more people after terminations, It makes me realize that there was no need to terminate more people. Like you said, they used the pandemic excuse to get rid of expats. That move was shamefull and believe me, at the end of the day, they will regret it.
I just wish WY all the best, and I hope this re estructuration of the company help them to achieve their goals.

And how the says say..."It's in the bad moments when you really know how people are"