PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi longhaul
Thread: bmi longhaul
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2003, 03:59
Tony_EM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I think "second rate" is a moderately accurate definition of some of their upper and middle level management performance.

Aircrews are indeed some of the best around, despite their treatment, but the high turnover of ground staff and the dire training and support is well known in the industry.

The only reason that they are still in business is the profits made from the customer ground handling side and its subsequent sale to Aviance (then GHI), another second (if not third) rate outfit.

I've seen the corners they've cut, the regulations they've ignored and the immoral treatment of staff for myself (and wouldn't mention here unless I had solid evidence to back it up).

Since this is a rumour network, I'll throw the little figure of £100k monthly losses through ticketing f**k-ups, due to the same high staff turnover, shoddy training and dire management.

I would say that this is, and has always been, a company with great potential, once you get rid of the middle management yes-men and head in the clouds big bosses, and put some qualified people-motivators in place.

Tony (Joined bmi in 93)