PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2020, 17:20
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
I honestly think the crisis with our UK aviation, not just here at SOU, (and now it seems also at EXT) is cataclysmic, and many folk, even on here simply do not realise the dire scale and graveness of state of the Industry and perhaps some have maybe had a couple of Merlots, so see it all rather rose-tinted.

Who would have thought what has happened to BA & VS shedding 1000's of staff and scores of airframes grounded and may never fly again , and now we have Easy Jet of all of the 'giants' hanging on by a thread for its own survival. It's awful.
I have half a dozen BA friends all with over 30-40 years service all now on the heap.
One is now working on the Toll Booth at the Sandbanks Ferry - what a change from flying 747's for 41 years but he loves it.

Oh when it all goes back to 'normal in 6 or 12 months time...
Really? will it? - Sorry,

I cannot foresee a time when we go back to flying normally before the cash runs out for some - be it the airline, the businesses, or the airport...Then what.

Don't shoot messengers, I think SOU has been brave enough to announce today a major wake up call that our Industry and local infrastructure is heading just one way unless we get out of this Covid nightmare somehow.
I am pro SOU/BOH & EXT all local to me, but this is a very weird time & totally unprecedented in our times.