PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2020, 11:19
Mr Mac

Received 153 Likes on 96 Posts
ATNotts
I have already had the conversation with my H&S people in Germany as I live in the UK in West Yorkshire when here, and we are currently in special measures (Like double secret probation as in the Film Animal House ! - showing my age ). I was supposed to be in Germany again this week, but decided after discussion to stay here until next week. Had to cancel my Flu jab in Germany, and still can not get one here as Boots are saying only for over 65 or essential workers. I class as the later in Germany, but not here apparently. Anyway as you point out UK will need a bigger step soon, but also we maybe on one or two other peoples steps as well. In Munich there was no Oktoberfest (Wiesen) this year which helped keep infection rates down I guess. This was only the second time it has been cancelled, the last time being Wall Street Crash and run on the Mark that followed. I was surprised to find it occurred on a small scale in 1945 when much of the city as in ruins, they like their Beer but not this year, that Covid has a lot to answer for say my staff !!

Cheers
Mr Mac