PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2020, 09:11
ATNotts

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
Anyone entering Germany from either Wales or Northern Ireland must now follow 2 weeks quarantine on arrival in Germany
If cases continue to rise, I imagine there will be further cases of Brits not being welcome abroad, and demand for air travel declining
But somewhat surprisingly, not from any regions of England. I am amazed the at least Northwest England hasn't been placed on the naughty step by the Robert Koch Institute, since they have fingered individual cities and areas in other European countries. I can't see it being long before they do, which will make things even more difficult for people trying to travel and more importantly do business with Germany.

I read in the German media last week that the travel and tourism industry is talking about an existential threat to it's existence unless travel restrictions are removed for next summer, and that's even with the large chunk of federal support given to the sector by the government in Berlin. I really do fear for the short to medium term future of people working in travel at the moment. When I returned from Germany last weekend on Eurotunnel, the terminal in Cocquelle was pretty well deserted, and even with only 2 trains per hours to UK, our train was barely half full of vehicles. That is not sustainable for any long period of time; Saturday, at almost any time of year is usually heaving with traffic.