PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sir David Jason meets the BBMF
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2020, 10:59
MaxR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Downwind.Maddl-Land
The point you were obviously attempting to make - which I (and many others I suspect) clearly understood - was that the Battle of Britain was fought solely by Fighter Command and that the Lancaster therefore had no place in the BBMF's line-up...
Nope, my point was that the Lancaster was not operational in 1940 and, therefore, it shouldn't feature much in a programme about the Battle of Britain and that also meant that the name Battle of Britain Memorial Flight was a touch misleading. If I'd wanted to say that the BoB was fought solely by Fighter Command can you guess what I'd have said? That's right, I'd have said: "The Battle of Britain was fought solely by Fighter Command" but you'll notice that's not what I said because it wasn't what I wanted to say nor is it something I believe. The Battle of Britain was fought by everybody, serviceman and civilian alike.

I certainly attempt to make what I say clear by saying what I actually mean. You will find that your understanding of things becomes clearer if you read what is written.