PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Last A380 Leaves Assembly Hall
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2020, 01:24
gnirtS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long term lurking on here but i'll throw this in...

From a passenger point of view for me, absolutely nothing comes close to the comfort of a 380. Combination of the smooth flight, the quiet cabin (to the point you hardly know you're in there air). Large windows, huge fuselage and space. Generally newer aircraft so often have far better IFE and connectivity and so on. Its just comfortable, even in economy.
A 350 isnt bad for experience but not close to the 380. Dreamliner a distant third.

747 i genuinely cant remember because its a very long time since i used them. I wasn't aware they were still in general passenger use.

Right at the other end of the scale for me is the 777 where i'll change my schedule, airline or airport if practical to avoid flying on one because its everything the 380 isnt - its noisy, its cramped, its not as smooth, the IFE and so on is usually much older, seats arent as comfortable and so on.

Ultimately if plans allow, ill try to get on a 380 whereas i'll do all i can to avoid a 777 (and specific airlines to avoid).

I can see why *airlines* dont like the 380 but everyone i know on one as pax tends to agree its the best aircraft available for a smooth, comfortable long haul flight.

I'll certainly miss it and now means i need to pick operators that operate A350s or if not, dreamliners.