PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2020, 18:50
Jonty

Received 18 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pistonprop
And potentially so many deaths that the services won't be able to keep pace. Millions will die in pain at home or even in the streets (homeless) as there will be no other place and no medical staff available for them. Great plan Jonty. The only option right now is to impose restrictions, keep the numbers down and wait patiently for a vaccine or better ways to treat the people with the virus. But then again, you will still need ample resources to do that.

Mmmm........

Its killing less than 1% of those infected with it. The median age for those affected is 85, and the percentage of people who have died who have no know co-morbidity is 4%.

I don't think “millions” is probably the right word. Maybe world wide.

To you my questions are: what happens if we don't get a vaccine or treatment? Are you prepared to lockdown forever? To me life is for living.

We are already seeing the deaths of people who have not been infected with Covid. An additional 30000 cancer deaths are predicted in the UK alone. Never mind the figures for heart disease, suicide, and other issues that aren’t being treated because of the government response to Covid.

How many people have to die “in pain at home” yet having been completely untouched by this virus before we start to think that maybe we got this wrong? How many of our children do we have to bury from the mental health issues that this action will most certainly cause? And that’s without looking at the social issues, the redundancies, the families ripped apart, the livelihoods destroyed, and the permanent economic scarring of an entire nation. And for what? To keep a load of Octogenarians alive for another few months?