PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2020, 05:53
Spanish eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my two penneth on the subject of attempted post suppression by those that don’t like a message. Thankfully this is not the Southend thread where intolerance to some posts can lead to a stream of abuse by those that cannot handle what is perceived as a negative post even when it is based on facts. I would post there on rare occasions but stopped a few years back as I didn’t like the personal attacks as the group motto was to shoot the messenger and to pretend everything was rosy.

Now we have the hints of that phenomenon here. Certainly some of my posts have not gone down well so I normally restrict my thoughts as why bother to have an opinion that is usually made through personal observations when it is shut down by fans that never come to the airport from one year to the next but consider their opinions as being more valid.

This thread should not only cover new routes and airlines but management style including the decisions of the owners. While poor decisions have no impact on most people’s lives when they live in a town linked to its local airport Luton is different. The town has seen first hand what happens when a limited company owned by a local authority gets it wrong. Mass redundancy of council employees, services binned with the poorest being forced to pay more but airport spending increased due to an airport that cannot pay its borrowing debts.

Those in charge and running the show try to hide the truth from its citizens so it is refreshing to see the beans spilled here where "facts" that would be buried are revealed. It has been suggested that Luton should have two threads. I actually agree, one for the good news only posts so we can hear about the latest boring Wizz route to a place no one has heard of for supporters and spotters and this one that digs deeper and exposes what is really going on for those that want the full picture.

I live in hope that we can all tolerate views and opinions from those that that choose to post here for a more rounded view of Luton including positive and so called negative posts if that post is relevant to the airport.

Last edited by Spanish eyes; 29th Sep 2020 at 11:45.