PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet 'hanging by a thread', says union official
Old 28th Sep 2020, 23:19
Moonwalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PilotLZ
Such headlines have the potential of smashing up whatever is left of consumer confidence. The present situation combining shambolic and unpredictable government policy changes and bombastic headlines left, right and center makes flying look like Russian roulette. When, apart from being at risk of having your flight cancelled or being sent into quarantine, you're also faced with the risk of the airline going bust by the time of your trip, it takes a huge deal of determination and a bit of denial to take any non-essential trip. The average traveller will not delve into the fact that hardly any private airline will survive unless this mess is sorted by next summer. The words "hanging by a thread" is all they need to see.
Completely agree. Personally I have stopped booking my flights with Norwegian.. .I just don't know if they will be around in 3-4 months or not. Travellers want confidence that their flights will happen when they book. This is not the kind of marketing you want if you look at booking 2021 summer travels.