PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet 'hanging by a thread', says union official
Old 28th Sep 2020, 09:55
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Doors to Automatic

the issue facing us is exactly this virus and how long it is going to be around. By many accounts their are fears that it will continue for years. It's a very scary thought for us in aviation as well as other industries. Suggesting that COVID is nonsense and that a particular airline can just issue shares is so out of the real world it's exasperating. This virus could be fateful for many airlines, and will certainly have an adverse impact on the whole economic world. I wouldn't myself put EasyJet in the same bracket as RyanAir for making gains. By many accounts Easyjet may not survive this pandemic. To my knowledge RyanAir, being completely cutthroat in a business sense are the most well placed airline company. Never worked for them for that reason, but you have to admire their ruthlessness. EasyJet are saddled with massive overhead costs just as Jet2 which is probably worse, the silence from them is deafening. Legacy are the best bet for survival, and if you don't understand why then you should go back to school.