PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A sad day for the first batch of the FIRED 600
Old 27th Sep 2020, 21:02
hec7or

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maz11
Give me a single deep night flight rather than 5 days of 4 sectors starting at 5am any day of the week.
You can keep it, I prefer flying shorthaul in the UK and that's my choice. I have managed to teach my kids to drive, take them horse riding, to The Pony Club, yachting in the Solent, shooting, tap and ballet, stadium sports, concerts, Blockbusters in the West End, Shakespeare at Stratford upon Avon, helping with their Duke of Edinburgh's Awards, and at the same time managed to attend parents evenings and all the school Nativity plays and I've still managed to fly a full roster, albeit in a democratic (?) country with proper FTLs and therefore have had plenty of rest between flights in my own time zone. From what I read here, the downtime at an ME Longhaul Airline now extends to munching popular fusion dishes in a restaurant chain in an air conditioned mall with an overpriced chardonnay while Maria from the Philipines brings up your kids for you. There are umpteen posts in the ME forums about the fatigue and the long, long ULH nights.

P.s Don’t forget your tea bag, driver.
Love it, you should be writing sitcoms.