PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2020, 11:13
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vokes55
Yeah, you’re still not getting it are you. Your, and your friends’ assessment is exactly what everybody should be doing. Using your own judgement and doing what you feel safe doing. Now if 60 million people could do the same thing, we wouldn’t need government restrictions.
As for your last comment, have a look at the economic impact on Sweden and the U.K. and you’ll find an answer.
Yeah, and I'm obviously not the only one "still not getting it".

You quoted my whole message in your reply but failed to answer the questions so I'll try again.

You want me, and millions like me, to "take themselves out of society". What do you mean by that; is it total isolation at home? Avoiding contact with any other human other than other occupants of the house? Please explain.

Why have other countries not taken up your 'master plan' if it's such a great solution?

How long would you expect it to take to achieve herd immunity and for that matter what proportion of the population would need to have been infected? I'd like to know how long I'm confined to barracks while the rest of you have your fun.

Going way back wasn't there a plan to take millions of citizens 'out of society' for the 'good' of the nation? That didn't work out well.