PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 27th Sep 2020, 10:43
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Perhaps it is time to stop calling that, whatever it is you have, LIFO+? Sounds like the US powers telling the world their involvement in the ME is "peacekeeping".

Seriously, there a complex redundancy matrix. Partly known, partly secret, and at least one third of it constantly evolving. For the breadcrumbs who are left, DoJ principle would be applied UNLESS a necesarry but overruling decision needs to be made about the matrix. Such as uphelding a part of it, ignoring a part of it, or creating a new part for it possibly also cancelling some part of it.

What I see is at least a half palette of boxes with labels such as "How to avoid employees getting in the way" "Commitment or Obstacle? Jump over it and never find out", and similar. That palette has a folded piece under one corner so that it stands nice level and straight, allowing more boxes on top in the future and keeping all nicely aligned.

That piece of paper has LIFO written on it.

LIFO+ designator is rather delusional, is it not?
In my world it might be the union leaders using such name in order to pass the message how nail and teeth they fought, managing even little beyond possible to preserve the sacred seniority.

Whereas in practical terms, with regards to firing people, the stone cold reality is that seniority was taxidermized.

Last edited by FlightDetent; 27th Sep 2020 at 11:29.