PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2020, 18:58
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expressflight
. Perhaps you would suggest instead that, like you, I should take the risk, live my life as "normal" and, heck, if I catch COVID and die well bad luck. Not wishing to be that reckless (and that is surely a better word than suggesting it's a phobia) I don't consider it a sensible option.
No. I’ve been advocating the exact opposite. I want people like you who feel threatened by the virus to take responsibility for your health, as it seems you have been doing.

If everybody who felt at risk shielded themselves, avoided traveling or anything that makes themselves feel uncomfortable, the rest of us could get on with life without worrying about somebody telling us to put our mask back on if it stays off five seconds longer than needed after eating. Why does it take a government order for people who deem themselves at risk to stay indoors?

But just because you don’t feel safe travelling, doesn’t mean that millions of others shouldn’t be allowed to. And don’t be lulled into this media perception that the entire population agrees with you. I’d be very surprised if there’s not a silent majority that want life to go back to normal, they just don’t shout about it.

OzzyOzBorn wrote what I wanted to say far better than I ever could.