PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter hijacked, Belgium
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2020, 13:12
DIBO

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Intrigued by the last 2 posts.... sometimes Google can be your friend...
I do hope, Sir, you do not mind me re-quoting your original post in this thread again. I presume the young lady yesterday, felt exactly the same. And torrential rains while at rooftop level, certainly didn't help her in the ordeal that lasted an hour and a half.

Originally Posted by uncle ian
As already said its afterwards you get really scared, no time for it during the emergency unless..........some one has a gun to your head for a while. 1988, flying from Stansted to Leicester except my passenger decided he wanted to land at a high security prison en route to get his mates "out of jail". I literally had a gun to my head for 15 minutes or so. Even then, and despite threats of "one in the leg if you don't do as your told", the brain is working so hard to find a way out that fear takes a back seat.

After they'd gone and I tried to call the police my mouth was so dry I couldn't talk straight away.

I've had loads of other scares in 35 years of this game but I think believing I was about to be shot as soon as landed takes the biscuit. My only strategy was to continue flying for as long as possible until a way out presented itself thus prolonging the pain. And, of course, the flow of adrenalin slows time down to a crawl............I promise you that 15 minutes felt like hours.