PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixing the MAX
Thread: Fixing the MAX
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2020, 15:28
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
As with Mr Mac, I now avoid the 787 but mainly because I like to look out of windows to see the world and electronically closed windows are terrible. Further, their bodging of the electrical system seems to have been forgotten. I am also sad that the A380 is not being used as much as the SLF experience is great.

The American idea of 'capitalism' has changed and the price is now being paid.[/QUOTE]
PAXboy
That is two of us who like to look out of the window at our planet ! As for 380 I hope to be using them again before Christmas, but we will see. With regards to outsourcing and Boeing, I was on a BA flight out of Delhi around April 2003, and there were 3 guys from Boeing with me in the check in queue, which for those who have not witnessed the chaos then at Delhi, you had to be there to appreciate it. The Boeing guys were getting a little flustered, and we got chatting and indeed continued to do so in the lounge. They had been in India on a fact finding, as they had outsourced some work there. I asked how it had gone. The commercial guy said the cost was good, the two engineers looked at him, and then at me, and the older one quietly said "cost of everything value of nothing". They were recommending to shut operations down there as two many corners being cut, but finance guys liked the costings. I am unaware if Boeing still outsource work there, but it would not surprise me if they did. As for new US Capitalism and the issue with Boeing, is it not reap what you sow.
Kind regards
Mr Mac