PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2020, 14:59
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
Best to ask the government and not me but to expand the discussion why should someone from Manchester be allowed to travel to Crete and sit for 4 hours next to a stranger while not wearing a mask eating kettle crisps for the duration of the flight?
The diplomatic answer to that is that they’re not. The rules are quite clearly outlined to passengers.

The opinionated answer is why shouldn’t those who are happy to abide by the rules and/or aren’t concerned with this virus be allowed to travel to Crete? Granted if the restriction should lie anywhere, it should be on the Manchester side.

The fact remains that I’m statistically more likely to catch Coronavirus in Manchester than I am in Crete. Yet I’m allowed to freely go in and out of Manchester but I can’t go freely in and out of Crete. That’s nonsensical. And as quoted above, Priti Patel said the timing of the quarantine being introduced was because infection rates were low in this country and high in other places. Now infection rates in this country are high, the quarantine should be scrapped as it holds no benefit. Any cases imported from abroad are a drop in the ocean.

LTNman, if you don’t feel safe sitting on an aircraft because you’re worried somebody sitting next to you will be eating kettle chips, that’s your choice. Don’t get on an aircraft. But, quite frankly, your opinion isn’t important. Many others are happy to get on that aircraft. If you and millions of others used your own judgement to make decisions that in your opinion keep yourself safe, and take responsibility for your own health and well-being, those of us who want to continue to go about our lives will be able to do so. Stay indoors and we can’t infect you. Simple.