PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2020, 10:14
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
Germany found that holidaymakers in holiday mode didn’t do much social distancing while on holiday and brought the virus home. My friend has first hand experience of someone sitting on an aircraft inches apart from strangers spending 2 hours eating a large packet of kettle crisps. As you say they might be sitting next to someone from infected Manchester.

On return to Luton everyone was piled into a single airside bus where he faced another bunch of strangers all hanging onto ceiling straps to stop them falling over. Best not to mention boarding at the gate and passport control.
I can’t find a single fact in your post that answers the question, just your (typically negative) opinion and a second hand experience. Here’s a fact for you, German tourists are still allowed to go to many of the destinations we aren’t, including Crete. Guess what, I’ve taken six flights since March and have had no problems on any of them.

So I ask again, why should I not be allowed to go to Crete, but I’m allowed to go to Manchester? Or rather, why can’t somebody from Crete freely come to my small corona-free village without having to quarantine, but somebody from Manchester can?