PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 VS CAE VS Leading Edge vs FTA- What is the best choice 2021?
Old 24th Sep 2020, 20:36
planesandthings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concur with a lot of the posts here, if you must early 2021 go modular, take your time and don't burn through money. You mention about the unfortunate MPL cadets, in reality some have transferred to ATPL at 'significant extra cost' (near 150k now) others have run out of money, and have finished up with nothing to show having spent £80k at schools like L3 and CAE, at least one individual close to me may sadly default on their loan, he has no other choice.

You sound like you're in a stable well respected job, is there a rush? I wouldn't be putting serious money down on a integrated training course until late 2021 at the very earliest, who knows how things will recover, more airlines and training schools may go bust yet and the true airline recovery may not be seen for half a decade once the thousands of pilots out of work hopefully get a job again.

Make sure you listen to independent people like here. If they have, any flying school suggesting that you must apply now to start in 2021 is one to avoid, they are a business and they are in crisis and need income, I feel sorry for the sales people who must know they are putting a unrealistic spin on things right now.

No training school can claim to have good employment links for the time being, the fact one of the safest schemes the British Airways/EasyJet MPL has completely crashed shows that nothing is certain in this industry anymore and you should proceed with caution on what training schools are selling.

Things will get better, but the industry is far from being on a certain rebound yet.