PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixing the MAX
Thread: Fixing the MAX
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2020, 14:09
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I will not be flying the Max for the main reason that Boeing do not deserve to succeed with this. Further, I will not travel on Southwest Airlines (any aircraft) as they are one of the large corporates who convinced Boeing not to publicise the MCAS as it would lead to extra costs of training. My choice of sanction will have zero effect on the companies but I have no wish to support such callous behaviour.

When Boeing moved away from it's historical engineering bases, many posts in different forums of PPRuNe said it was a mistake. We had retired Boeing folks saying how the culture had changed. For my part, I worked in the corporate field of commerce (Telecommunications) from 1978 to 2003 before I changed career. This included working for an American company in the late 1980s when Outsourcing became the fashion. I did not like it and the damage it did to the staff. Following the recession of 90/92 I saw the accountants take control and if you look at graphs of the way salaries and bonus' for senior managers and directors soared away from regular staff - you will see one of the roots of this disaster.

As with Mr Mac, I now avoid the 787 but mainly because I like to look out of windows to see the world and electronically closed windows are terrible. Further, their bodging of the electrical system seems to have been forgotten. I am also sad that the A380 is not being used as much as the SLF experience is great.

The American idea of 'capitalism' has changed and the price is now being paid.