PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 24th Sep 2020, 05:22
C441

Received 115 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by ExtraShot
Did you miss my pint that FIFO is here to stay? Would you like to prove otherwise? Id hazard a guess not many People are moving their whole family to WA ‘for the duration of the pandemic’.
I have no doubt that FIFO is here to stay, but from the wa.gov.au:

The categories of "exempt traveller" are set out in detail in the Directions. It is important that any person who is seeking to enter Western Australia reads and understands the categories of exempt traveller that are set out in the Directions. In summary, the categories include:
  • FIFO workers, subject to requirements to isolate for 14 days at an approved location at their employer's expense.
Thus you'd be spending 2 weeks of your 'time-off' back in WA in quarantine prior to recommencing your next period back at work. I'm not sure too many would find this reasonable if choosing to "keep the missus happy and just commute from Sydney". (Neither would their employer if they're footing the bill).

A few FIFO workers may, as did the Qantas pilots who commuted to the Perth base for the 330 and 787. They didn't have to quarantine for 14 days though although some might say it felt like it at times when on a blankline.