PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blind BEA Viscount Captain.
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2020, 04:46
ExSp33db1rd

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
..........demanded a steward be on board (rumour had it,)
True, and there was indeed a Cargo Aircraft Cabin Crew Roster, many cabin crew eager to have only four mouths to feed. Initially female C.C. were denied the duty, but this was eventually relaxed, I think ?

The capt. refused the move the aircraft until they had eggs for breakfast.
Arriving at Anchorage the crew were presented with a "crew menu" to select their crew meals to be loaded for their next departure. On one occasion, when the crew subsequently departed the Stn. Duty Officer saw the a/c loaded, and ready to push back and went back to her office. 15 minutes later ATC rang and asked her what was the problem with the Speedbird XXX departure ? Nothing, she replied, I saw it off about 15 mins. ago. No, said ATC, it's still on the apron. Returning to the a/c. and plugging in to the intercom, she asked if there was a problem ? Yes, said the Captain, I asked for my meal to be Roast Beef sandwiches on Rye bread. None have been loaded. The aircraft didn't push back until the Duty Officer had personally driven to the airport restaurant and had the sandwiches prepared and delivered to the aircraft. North Atlantic Barons Ruled - OK ?