PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus sideslip crosswind
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2020, 14:34
Vessbot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mi68guel
It doesnīt say it because thereīs a picture of an airplane sideslipping with stick in neutral
The picture doesn't mean anything, you're reading too much into that too. It's just a picture of a crosswind landing since the topic of the slide is crosswind landings in general. It doesn't mean that the specific FBW output of the specific control input discussed in the text is what the picture is.

Iīm not a native English speaker but it looks clear to me. sideslip is an intentional cross control manoeuver in which the pilot has made an aileron input in one direction with a simultaneous rudder input in the opposite direction. In this case, is not the pilot who does. Itīs written that a sideslip is AUTOMATICALLY performed by the plane
Iīm gonna stop answering. Can anybody please try it in the SIM and record it? Thanks
Words sometimes have multiple meanings, and this is one of those times. One meaning of "sideslip" is what you said, but as I tried to explain in my last post, there are also others. The meaning referred to in the training slide, is not the one you said.